Wednesday, October 23, 2013

French Baker - SM Megamall

October 21, 2013

For me The French Baker is close to being synonymous to Chicken Cordon Bleu. Almost always that is what I order at this restaurant because arguably it is their best entree. Although we usually go to their branch at SM Marikina due to its proximity to home, this time we opted to try the one at SM Megamall. 

As soon as we were seated, I promptly gave my order to the waitress to which she apologetically explained that they were all out of Chicken Cordon Bleus. It was like cold water was splashed to my face. I was so looking forward to enjoying my favorite dish! Scanning their menu for the next best thing, I then ordered the Grilled Chicken and Mango Salsa. Cynthia, surprisingly, also deviated from her usual Soup on a Bread Bowl and ordered Chicken Salad Croissant instead.

In a few minutes, my wife's sandwich was served. She said it was flavorful, meaty with no aftertaste that usually comes with chicken salad. The barbecue flavored potato chips were good although the ones that I tried were, to me, not crispy enough. 5 stars for the sandwich, 3.5 for the potato chips.



It wasn't until after 30 minutes of waiting and several reminders to the waitress that my order finally came. I was already starving that I immediately dug into it forgetting to take a picture. The grilled chicken was tender with enough barbecue-y flavor to make it interesting. The Mango Salsa was just a tad too sour for my taste. 4 stars for the grilled chicken, 2.5 for the mango salsa.

Overall I was quite disappointed by the length of time I had to wait for my entree to be served, not to mention the fact that the dish I wanted was not available. This situation never happened in SM Marikina.

The prices, at least, were quite reasonable. We spent about P450.

Check out their website:
http://www.thefrenchbaker.com/ourmenu.php

No comments:

Post a Comment