Friday, January 24, 2014

Holy Cow - Atrium, SM Megamall

Holy Cow is a Western Ranch type restaurant. The ambiance is of course Cowboy style, or at least trying to be. Even the hosts/hostess and servers wear jeans and cowboy hats. Basically the service is quite good - the servers attentive to the needs of the customers.

This is the second time my wife and I tried this place and if memory serves me right we were quite satisfied with our experience then. Today, however, was a little bit different. 

Let's get to the soup first. For an additional P49 they will serve bottomless iced tea and unlimited soup along with your main order. I decided to avail of that. It didn't take long for them to serve the Creamy Clam Chowder. The first thing my wife said when she tried it was "It's not hot!" I took a spoonful and agreed with her. Warm would be a better description. Then there were the little bits of skin of the red pepper mixed into the soup that somehow kept getting stuck to our lips. Definitely not edible! The clams themselves still had that fishy taste. I'd rate this 2.5 stars out of 5.



My main entree was the Cowboy Ranch Style Porkchop. This one was sizzling hot! I had to wait a few minutes before I could get my first bite. Somehow the pork wasn't that tender. The garlic rice was good but not that delicious. The side veggies were OK though, cooked just right - not too tender and not too crispy. 3.5 stars.



My wife's order was the Beer Battered Rodeo Fish Fillet. Despite the fancy name, it was basically breaded Cream Dory with white cream sauce. At least this dish was up to par. No fishy taste and just the right crunchiness. I don't know about the "beer" thing because my wife and I never did taste any hint of it. 4 out of 5.



Our experience today was a bit disappointing food-wise. The efficiency of the servers was the Holy Cow's redeeming factor. Therefore I will give an overall rating of 3.5

Check out their website at http://holycow.com.ph/

No comments:

Post a Comment