Monday, November 28, 2016

Cafe Shibuya

My wife and I received as a gift a couple of coupons (worth P1000) for Cafe Shibuya. So off we went to the U.P. Town Center to have lunch at this restaurant.

We were promptly seated and as we pondered on what to order, our server, Sasha, was standing beside us giving suggestions and answering the questions that we had.  We decided on Honey Lemongrass Chops for me and Baked Salmon for my wife. For our drinks, I had regular coke and Cynthia had the Pink Passion fruit cooler. For dessert, we ordered a slice of the Caramel Pecan Crunch cake which we shared.

It took a while for our meals to be served - about 15-20 minutes.

The pork chops were cooked well and were tender and juicy. The java rice, however, wasn't up to par and the tomato corn sauce was very minimal. My wife's baked salmon still had that slight fishy taste and the mushroom cream cheese sauce that went with it was quite overwhelming. The Pink Passion fruit cooler was also a bit bland. Their redeeming factor was the cake! It had the crunchiness that we hoped for and the sweetness was just right.

Again, I'd like to reiterate that the service given by our waitress and the cashier was excellent. For the food, I'll give a 3.5 rating, for the service, 4.5. The price range was also a bit on the high end - about P300+ for the meals (good thing we had coupons).

Overall rating: 4.0




No comments:

Post a Comment